Where does the data come from?
The hospital list, survey findings and our service offerings are powered by information aggregated from multiple sources. These include:
- Medicare provider data – U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (Medicare.gov)
- Multiple industry partnerships
- Research – we manually reviewed thousands of hospital websites, social media and other digital properties.
- Hospital surveys – our initial survey included representatives from 150+ Texas hospitals. Each interview included 75+ questions.
- Includes representation from various types of hospitals: Acute Care, Children’s, CAH, Rural, Urban, Large metro areas, sole community providers, hospital districts, systems, for-profit, not-for-profit
We Reviewed 2,492 Social Media and Digital Properties Belonging to 345 Texas Hospitals (as of 1/15/2017)
We surveyed healthcare leadership who represent over 150 Texas hospitals
Hospitals were asked to self-identify as urban or rural.
Surveys were conducted by phone and included 75+ questions each.